Highlights of Eastern Europe - end Budapest, Small Group, 2021
Highlights Of Eastern Europe – End Budapest, Small Group, 2021
Delve behind the former ‘Iron Curtain’ to explore these stunning cities of the east. Flourishes from the Austro-Hungarian Empire and a mélange of medieval charm are juxtaposed against more sombre reminders of WWII.
- Budapest: Your Welcome Dinner is a treat of mouthwatering Hungarian specialties, accompanied by specially selected Hungarian wine, as you dine at the famous and elegant Gundel Restaurant.
- Ceske Budejovice: Tour a local brewery to discover the secrets of how the golden vintage of beer is made, followed by a sampling.
- Warsaw: Enjoy a demonstration of the traditional techniques of dumpling-making with an expert chef. Then enjoy a hearty Polish Highlight Dinner with a variety of local delicacies and drinks.
- Cesky Krumlov: For your Dine-Around Evening, choose your own style of ambience and cuisine from a fine selection of restaurants in the atmospheric centre.
- Vienna: Your Imperial Viennese Celebration Dinner is regal splendour on a plate. Enjoy a delicious three-course dinner with wine and a concert of classical music that pays homage to the genius of Strauss and Mozart.
- Dining Summary: 14 Breakfast (B), 6 Dinner with Wine (DW)
- Prague : Choose between joining a Local Expert to explore the courtyards of Prague Castle and visit the imposing St Vitus Catherdal or alternatively, stroll through the Jewish Quarter with your Local Expert to hear how the Jewish community has shaped the history of Prague.
- Vienna: A private, guided exploration of Schönbrunn Palace will have all your senses tingling. Stand beneath frescoed ceilings, crystal chandeliers and gilded Rococo frames where Mozart performed as a child prodigy.
Top Rated Highlights
- Budapest: Stroll through the alleys of the Old Town of Buda and admire sweeping views from the Fisherman’s Bastion with a Local Expert. Drive along the beautiful Andrassy Avenue to Heroes’ Square. Stand atop Gellert Hill where the colossal Liberty Statue stands in front of the Citadella watching over the city. Marvel at extensive panoramic views as you look out over the famous river dividing Buda and Pest – the two sides linked by the mighty Chain Bridge and the newer, elegant Elizabeth Bridge.
- Scenic Drives: Your journey travels through Donovaly, the country’s most famous winter resort you’ll see Oravský Hrad Castle and some of Slovakia’s traditional wooden houses as you pass through the Low Tatra Mountains. Continue across the Polish plains, through the Ore Mountains and Bohemia.
- Auschwitz: Experience a powerful and moving visit, with a Local Expert. See the Auschwitz memorial and museum and stop at Birkenau, which bears witness to the terrible atrocities of the Holocaust.
- Krakow: Visit the 14th century St. Mary’s Basilica, the most important church in the city.
- Czestochowa: Visit the 14th century Monastery of Jasna Góra, famous for the Black Madonna supposedly to have been painted by St. Luke.
- Warsaw: Your Local Expert will show you the city’s highlights. See the Old Town, Palace of Culture and visit the Chopin Memorial in the Lazienki Park before paying your respects at the Ghetto Heroes Memorial.
- Berlin: You Local Expert provides a tour of this vibrant city. Drive along the Ku’Damm, passing the Kaiser Wilhelm Memorial Church and through Tiergarten to the Reichstag building. See the Brandenburg Gate, State Opera House and visit Alexanderplatz.
- Dresden: During your orientation with your Travel Director, take a moment to admire the ‘Procession of the Princes’ mosaic on the Saxon wall of the castle. You’ll also see Frauenkirche, Zwinger Palace and the opera house, Semperoper.
- Cesky Krumlov: Let a Local Expert lead you through a medieval labyrinth of private chambers, courtyards, kitchens and dungeons of the castle, so rich in history. Visit the fairytale castle considered to be the finest in the land.
- Vienna: Led by your Local Expert, indulge your senses at the Schönbrunn Palace as you stand beneath frescoed ceilings, crystal chandeliers and gilded Rococo frames where Mozart performed as a six-year-old prodigy.
Included Insight Services
- Our highly-skilled Travel Director will ensure your journey is seamless, serving as your expert guide, consummate organiser, and friend overseas
- Enjoy the comfort of Insight’s luxury, air-conditioned, 40-seat coach with double the standard legroom and onboard washroom
- Personal radio headsets give you the freedom to wander during visits to famous highlights, without missing any of your Local Expert’s fascinating commentary
- We carry your bags for you and promptly deliver them to your hotel door
- Hotel and restaurant tips are included – you’ll never have to worry about how much to give, nor search for foreign currency
- We also include all taxes and porterage charges at hotels
- Stay connected with friends and family with our complimentary coach and hotel Wi-Fi (where available)
- From time to time, your Travel Director will enchant you with an Insight Flourish, which is a local specialty representing the destination
- If your arrival and/or departure flights are as per the itinerary start and end dates, then transfers are available at scheduled times
- If your flights are outside these times, or you have booked additional nights accommodation with Insight Vacations, you may purchase transfers or make your own way from/to the airport
Welcome to Budapest
Delve into Budapest
The Mountains to Kraków
The Damsels and Dragons of Kraków
Auschwitz and Czestochowa
The Polish Capital of Warsaw
Wielkopolska to Berlin
The Spirit of Berlin
Dresden and Golden Prague
Prague, City of a Hundred Spires
Bohemian Ceský Krumlov
The Habsburgs of Vienna